School Field Trip Visits
Groups have scheduled time with fort staff in a variety of spaces including the blacksmith shop, Scott family quarters, and hospital; plus extra time for your class to explore the round tower, powder magazine, and more. During your two hour visit, students learn about the people that lived in and around the historic fort through expanded stories and primary resources.
All field trips include:
- Demonstrations, hands-on activities, and conversations with Fort Snelling staff that engage students and highlight different eras using artifacts, photographs, and primary sources.
- "Engage and Explore Guide" to facilitate visits to additional spaces onsite. Adults will receive paper guides upon arrival.
- Exhibits about the fort’s archaeological and medical history.
- Museum store and amenities are available at the historic fort.
View the 15 minute orientation film Where the Waters Meet at school before your visit. A link will be sent in your confirmation materials after booking.
Summer Field Trips
Bring your summer group to Historic Fort Snelling to participate in the fort field trip and discover there is more to history than meets the eye.
New this summer
- Play historic games
- Experience a one-room schoolhouse lesson
- Use an activity map to take a Story Adventure into the past and learn the stories of people who have lived in and around the fort
Tuesdays–Fridays • 10 am–4 pm • Jun 16–Sept 4
- $6 per youth
- Free parking
- Grassy picnic area available
Reservations are required. There is a fee for cancellations and/or rescheduling less than two weeks before the scheduled field trip.