Before You Come
- Give a copy of your schedule to all the teachers and chaperones coming with your group.
- Assign students to specific chaperones.
- Groups must be accompanied by teachers and/or chaperones at all times, including when students are in the Museum Shop.
- Any injuries must be reported immediately to an Historic Fort Snelling staff member.
- Tours are held regardless of the weather so have your students dress appropriately.
- $6 per student
- Teachers and school staff are admitted free
- One chaperone free per ten students ($6 for each additional chaperone)
- MNHS memberships are not accepted for group visits
- All reservations will be invoiced after your program.Final payment is due in the form of a single check or credit card within 30 days after your scheduled experience.No refunds will be issued after payment has been received.
Prepare Your Chaperones
- Print the Chaperone Guide (PDF) for your chaperones to review before coming to the site.
- Chaperones are responsible for the conduct of the students they are accompanying.
Prepare Your Students
- Discuss Site Manners (PDF).
- Site interpreters are in costume but not portraying a specific person from the past.
- Historic Fort Snelling welcomes all visitors and strives to make everyone’s visit a positive experience. Let us know if your group has anyone with special accommodation needs by calling 1-888-387-5008.
- Auxiliary aids or services, including sign language interpreters, are available with three weeks’ notice.
- Information regarding accessibility and wheel chairs can be found at Visitor Amenities.
- Accessible restrooms are available in the Visitor Center and historic fort.
- Outdoor picnic areas are available on site but we have no indoor eating facilities. Please bring a large plastic bag to assist in disposal.
The Day of Your Visit
- Buses can park for free in the site's parking lot.
- Groups must check in at the Fort’s Visitor Center located adjacent to the main parking lot.(down the ramp to the right of the vertical kiosk).
- Please check in a minimum of 20 minutes before either your tour or movie time. Late groups will be inserted into the tour rotation where they would have been according to their start time.
- Give an accurate count of the number of students and adults to the Visitor Services staff.
200 Tower Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55111
- Please visit our Program Policies page for information about our trip cancellation policy.