Before You Come
- Give a copy of your schedule to all the teachers coming with your group.
- Assign students to specific chaperones. A ratio of one chaperone for every five students is recommended. One chaperone per five students is admitted free during your Mill City Museum visit.
- Make name tags for your students.
- Make copies of directions and parking information for bus drivers and chaperones.
Prepare Your Chaperones
- Preview: send them the link to the Chaperone page to get them excited about their day.
- Chaperones are responsible for the conduct of the students they are accompanying. Mill City Museum requires that students and chaperones remain together at all times.
Prepare Your Students
- Discuss Museum Manners.
- Learn about Mill City’s signature experiences.
- Share the two-minute introduction video.
Mill City Museum welcomes all visitors and strives to make everyone's visit a positive experience. Please let us know if your group has anyone with special accommodation needs. Call 1-888-387-5008 to discuss your access needs.
- Auxiliary aids or services, including sign language interpreters, are available with two weeks' notice
- Limited number of wheelchairs are available on site for use during your visit
- Private spaces and restrooms are available for diaper changing and tube feeding
- More about Mill City Museum accessibility
The Day of Your Visit
- Bag or box lunches together by group number for ease of distribution.
- Give bus drivers directions and parking map.
- Give chaperones a list of the students in their group and scheduled activities.
When You Arrive at Mill City Museum
- Unload buses at the red meters in front of Mill City Museum’s South 2nd Street entrance. See directions.
- Staff will greet your group upon arrival at the South 2nd Street entrance and bring students, coats, and lunches to the MacMillan Education Center to begin your experience.
- Give an accurate count of the number of students and adults to the School Programs Facilitator.
- Students will enjoy a brief orientation before starting their exploration.
- Late arrival may impact your group’s schedule and activities for the day. Running late? Please call 1-888-387-5008.