Being a former History Day student allows you to excel in other areas of academics and starting a career. Below are a list of places you can look to stay involved with the program or start your own career.
- Judge Sign-Up: We love having former History Day students become judges. Regional events take place across the state in March, with the State competition in early May. We provide day-of training to refresh your memory. CEU's are provided upon request.
- Kurtzman Internship: Each summer History Day has two interns that are History Day students-you must be in high school or just graduated to apply.
- MNHS Internships: The Minnesota Historical Society has opportunities for high school and college students (or recently graduated) who are interested in a variety of positions within the Society.
- MNHS Jobs: History Day jobs and all career opportunites for the Minnesota Historical Society are posted here.
- MNHS Volunteers: The Minnesota Historical Society looks for volunteers to help with all aspects of the History Center and historic sites. This is a great option for your spare time and to build your resume.
- NHD Internship: Each year the National History Day office looks for alumni to work as interns during the National Contest in June. More information is available on their website.
- Mentoring Opportunities: If you're in college and interested in working with current History Day students, you may be interested in becoming a Mentor.