History Day is an inter-disciplinary research program that allows teachers to broaden students' historical experiences using a model of instruction that can be fit to any classroom setting. Here are a just a few of the benefits of participating in History Day as an educator:
- The program is authentic assessment.
- Teachers can shape the program to fit their classroom needs.
- Students take ownership over their work. The program empowers them to make choices.
- History Day meets state standards.
- Students learn historical skills.
- Students dive deeper into historical content.
- The program fosters cooperative learning.
- Teachers can learn from other teachers around the state.
If you have questions about how History Day can benefit you as an educator and benefit your students, contact Katie Craven at 651-259-3429.