History Day is an inter-disciplinary research program that allows teachers to broaden students' historical experiences using a model of instruction that can be fit to any classroom setting. Here are a just a few of the benefits of participating in History Day as an educator:
- The program is authentic assessment.
- Teachers can shape the program to fit their classroom needs.
- Students take ownership over their work. The program empowers them to make choices.
- History Day meets state standards.
- Students learn historical skills.
- Students dive deeper into historical content.
- The program fosters cooperative learning.
- Teachers can learn from other teachers around the state.