2018-2019 Teacher Workshops
Note: Registrants cancelling 24 hours before the workshop are eligible for a refund or credit. (This includes weather related cancellations.) Less than 24 hours notice - Registrants who are unable to attend the workshop may substitute someone to attend in their place; substitutions will be made at the registration desk the day of the event. No refunds or credits will be granted for non-attendance or cancellations. Please email Sarah Aschbrenner or call 651-259-3489 with any questions regarding History Day workshops.
History Day 101
- Conduct in-depth research
- Use primary and secondary sources
- Read a variety of texts
- Analyze and synthesize information
- Write and present historical content
Learn the structure of the framework and consider ways that the program could benefit your students. Staff will discuss implementation strategies with the guidance of a master History Day teacher. See samples of projects, learn about support resources, and discuss standards, program benefits, and next steps to bring History Day into your classroom.
Participants will leave with a variety of classroom-ready tools to begin implementing History Day in their own schools.
- When: Friday, April 26 from 9 am - 2 pm
- Where: Hjemkomst Center (202 1st Ave N, Moorhead, MN 56560)
- RSVP: Online by Monday, April 22
- Additional Details: This workshop is supported by a grant and open to West Central Minnesota teachers. Download the flyer for complete details.
Questions and Help
If you are having trouble selecting "pay with credit card" after clicking on a "pay with PO" link, try clicking on "reset" next to the promo code in the upper right corner. If you have questions about registration or want to register over the phone, call the MNHS Box Office at (651) 259-3015. If you have questions regarding the content of a workshop, contact Sarah.