High school History Day students are invited to apply for a summer internship through the Minnesota Historical Society!
Thanks to the generous support of Ralph and Virginia Kurtzman, two summer internships are available for History Day participants. Each intern will be scheduled for 50 hours and will receive a $500 stipend. Hours are flexible, with projects and work locations to be determined based on the interests, skills and availability of the students selected for this program.
The purpose of this internship program is to give students, who have used the History Day program to build their academic skills, a unique opportunity to work with history professionals at the Minnesota Historical Society. Sample internship projects may include:
- Working with museum or historic site staff as they prepare and present programs to the public.
- Helping the History Day staff prepare materials for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Assisting with the organization and care of MNHS collections.
Applications and supporting materials will be due to the Minnesota History Center in late spring.
Application and Flyer
- 2016 Kurzman Intern Application - coming January 2016
- Flyer of Details and Eligibility - coming January 2016
- Teacher Letter of Recommendation - coming January 2016