2019-2020 History Day Library Funding
History Day Field Trip Procedures for this Year
- History Day Hullabaloos: History Day will run a schedule of Hullabaloos in 2019-2020 supported in part from individual CRPLSA regions, as well as additional History Day funding. These events will continue to be free. Please check our website for dates.
- Library Field Trip Subsidies: There is no statewide library funding available to subsidize the cost of library field trips for schools. If your school is located in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington County, you are eligible to apply for a field trip grant (to either a library of your choosing or a Hullabaloo), sponsored by MELSA. These funds will be distributed to schools in the MELSA region on a first-come, first-serve basis, based on a completed application. Please contact Gretchen if you have questions about field trip funding.
- Library Guides at the U of M Wilson Library: If you are planning on visiting the U of M Wilson Library (schedule your visit here), History Day will cover a limited amount of costs associated with hiring the required college students as Library Guides. These funds will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Schedule your U of M Wilson Library field trip as soon as possible to guarantee their availability.
- Library Field Trip Facilitation: If you are interested in visiting a public library with your class, please contact Gretchen and she can help facilitate this conversation with that library. If you are asking for reimbursement, the same application process as attending Wilson applies.
Ideas for Finding Field Trip Funding
Schools are encouraged to take field trips to the same libraries as they have taken in the past, provided schools are able to find their funding for transportation and arrange the trip in advance directly with that library. If you need additional financial support for your trip, consider asking your:
- School Board, Parent Teacher Organization, or school booster club
- Community organizations
- Local businesses
- Community foundations with a focus on education
MNHS Field Trip Funding for Greater Minnesota Schools
Schools in Greater Minnesota (more than 50 miles from the Minnesota History Center) are eligible to apply for a limited amount of funds from the MacMillan Field Trip Grant when combining their research trip with a visit to an MNHS historic site or museum in the Twin Cities. Visit the Minnesota Historical Society website for more information.
If you have questions about what library programs we offer, available funding resources, or how to plan your trip, please contact Gretchen.