Top entries from the Minnesota State Event are awarded the opportunity to compete at the National Contest at the University of Maryland-College Park in mid-June.
2019 National Contest
- Dates: June 9-13, 2019
- Location: University of Maryland, College Park
- Video Overview
Photos and Results from the 2018 National Contest
- 1st Place Senior Individual Exhibit: Kathleen Grube - Roosevelt High School, Minneapolis - "The Tuskegee Syphilis Study: How Compromised Health Created an Ethical Conflict"
- 1st Place Junior Group Exhibit: Chase Baumgarten and Colin McShane - Stella Maris Academy- St. John's Campus, Duluth - "The US Government vs. the Reserve Mining Company: A Compromise of Environment and Industry"
- 1st Place Junior Individual Website: Ella Hoch Robinson - Sanford Middle School, Minneapolis - "A Duty to Starve: An Ethical Conflict, An Unethical Compromise?"
- 1st Place Junior Group Website: Sofia Fish and Azalea Rohr - Sanford Middle School, Minneapolis - "'Great Lakes, Great Legacy?'": The Compromise of the Great Lakes Water Quality Agreement"
- 2nd Place Senior Group Website: Katie Nguyen and Anindita Rajamani - Highland Park Senior High School, St. Paul - "Women in War: The Battle for the Inclusion of American Women in the Army and the WAAC Compromise"
- 3rd Place Senior Individual Performance: Soren Eversoll - Highland Park Senior High School, St. Paul - "The Jungle: Upton Sinclair's Conflicts and Compromises with Industrial America"
- 3rd Place Junior Individual Exhibit: Kajsa Hellmark - Sunrise Park Middle School, White Bear Lake - "Tinker v. Des Moines"
- 4th Place Senior Group Documentary: Zoe Campion and Elsa Carlson - Open World Learning Community, St. Paul - "Plessy v. Ferguson - A Failed Compromise: "Separate but Equal"" Also received the Senior Division Outstanding State Entry Award for Minnesota.
- 6th Place Senior Group Website: Sydney Antczak and KayLynn Kuehn - North Lakes Academy, Forest Lake - "Rivera's Man at the Crossroads"
- 7th Place Junior Group Documentary: Gwen McMahon and Erika Peterson - Sanford Middle School, Minneapolis - "A Failure to Protect: UN Intervention and the Rwandan Genocide" Also received the Junior Division Outstanding State Entry Award for Minnesota.
- 9th Place Senior Group Exhibit: Muriel Ambrus and Sophia Marret - DeLaSalle High School, Minneapolis - "The Central Park Five"
- George Washington Leadership in History Award: Lucy Phelan - Cyber Village Academy, St. Paul - Junior Paper - "A Great Compromise: The Sherman Plan Saves the Constitutional Convention of 1787"
- Full Scholarship to the National History Day Academy Summer 2019: Kathleen Grube - Roosevelt High School, Minneapolis - Senior Individual Exhibit - "The Tuskegee Syphilis Study: How Compromised Health Created an Ethical Conflict"