National History Day 2016
June 12-16, 2016 - University of Maryland, College Park
Results from the 2015 National Contest
- 1st Place Senior Group Documentary: Pa Ying Lor & Siena Leone-Getten - Open World Learning Community, St. Paul - "Ella Baker: A Legacy of Grass Roots Leadership"
- 5th Place Junior Paper: Isabella Krueger - Salk Middle School, Elk River - "The Legacy of Lois Jenson v. Eveleth Taconite Co.: Changing Definition of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace"
- 5th Place Junior Individual Website: Andy Wong - Brooklyn Center Jr. High School, Brooklyn Center - "Edward Jenner: Leader of Medical Progress and the Legacy of Smallpox"
- 6th Place Junior Paper: Carly St. Martin-Norburg - Capitol Hill Magnet School, St. Paul - "Declaring War on the Tobacco Industry: Leadership and Legacy of the State of Minnesota v. Phillip Morris"
- 7th Place Senior Individual Exhibit: Emily Nichols - Mayo High School, Rochester - "Soaring to Success: Innovations from Mayo Clinic Aero Medical Unit"
- 8th Place Junior Group Performance: Aria & Strom Norcross - Lakes International Language Academy, Forest Lake - "Redefining Medicine: The Legacy of the Mayo Brothers"
- 11th Place Junior Individual Performance: Monica Clarke - Caritas Academy Homeschool, Blaine - "Sister Kenny: The Australian Bush Nurse Who Challenged the Doctors"
- 11th Place Junior Group Website: Shea Kerry & Natalie Plant - Chaska Middle School West, Chaska - "The Fight for Black Consciousness: Steven Biko and Donald Woods"
- 12th Place Senior Paper: Claire Davis - Highland Park Sr. High School, St. Paul - "The Common Sense of Common Sense: The Impact of Thomas Paine's Revolutionary Pamphlet on the Formation of the American Government"
Outstanding State Entries:
- Junior Division: Isabella Krueger - Salk Middle School, Elk River - "The Legacy of Lois Jenson v. Eveleth Taconite Co.: Changing Definition of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace"
- Senior Division: Hannah Myers - Northland Jr./Sr. High School, Remer - "Catherine the Great: The Enlightened Despot"
- Outstanding Entry on a Topic Relating to the Magna Carta: Claire Davis - Highland Park Sr. High School, St. Paul - "The Common Sense of Common Sense: The Impact of Thomas Paine's Revolutionary Pamphlet on the Formation of the American Government"
- National World War II Museum "Salute to Courage Award" (includes an expense-paid trip to New Orleans in December 2015 for the opening of the National World War II Museum: Jillian Brenner - Murray Middle School, St. Paul - "Thrust the Warlords Back: Torpedo Squadron Eight at Midway"
Patricia E. Behring Teachers of Merit Nominees:
- Junior Division: Pamela Roiger - Bemidji Middle School
- Senior Division: Greg Poferl - Cretin-Derham Hall
2013 National Contest
Awards video from Nationals 2013