Required Materials and Rules
- Process Papers and Bibliographies: Required materials for History Day entries
- Rules: Be sure to review the general and category-specific rules in the NHD Contest Rule Book
The Judging Process
Nervous about judging at a contest? You're not alone! Most students are nervous. In reality, however, you've already done the hard work of creating a project. Look forward to your interview as a chance to discuss your project with the judges. Judges are volunteers interested in learning more about the process you went through to create your project and what you've learned about your topic. They aren't there to quiz or scare you!
- Sample Questions: Take a look at the same sample questions we hand out to judges!
- The History Day Evaluation Criteria: Information on how your entry will be judged
Each contest will look a little different, depending on the location and the time of day. Take a look at some of our videos and get a better idea about what to expect.
- Schedules and Event Information: Visit either the Regional or State History Day event pages. Look for your speicfic event for directions, maps, and schedules.
- Allotments and Regional Assignments: For teachers. Learn more about how many entries your school is allowed to send to a Regional contest and which Regional your school should attend.
- Regional Contests: Conttact the event coordinator, listed under each Regional
- Research Papers: Contact Sammi Jo Papas
- State History Day: Contact Sarah Aschbrenner
- National Contest: Contact Sarah Aschbrenner
- Frequently Asked Questions