History Day hosts workshops for State Qualifiers who want additional feedback on their projects. Students will meet with staff for a 20-minute appointment, discuss their project, and get ideas for improvement.
Feedback sessions are a chance for students to get an outside perspective on their project from a History Day expert. Our goal is to help students figure out the tangible next steps they can take to improve their work and get ready to head to State History Day. Students should expect to hear both strengths AND areas for improvement during their feedback session.
Interested students must sign-up for a specific 20-minute appointment. Walk-ins will not be accepted. Students must only be present for their 20-minute time slot. Use the links below to register for a feedback session. One session per group. Groups will meet together to discuss projects.
Minneapolis Central Library
- Date: Thursday, March 29
- Time: 4-8 p.m.
East Side Freedom Library, St. Paul
- Date: Tuesday, April 3
- Time: 4-8 p.m.
University of Minnesota, Wilson Library (West Bank)
- Date: Saturday, April 7
- Time: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- "Purchase" a ticket for the specific time you want. Tickets are free. Only one appointment per History Day project. Groups will attend a feedback session together.
- You will need the following information to sign-up:
- Name(s) of students
- Project category (exhibit, documentary, performance, website, or paper)
- School & City
- CATEGORY-SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Website: Website URL
- Documentary: Link to online copy of project
- Performance: Link to online copy of project. Because of time limitations, there will be no live Performances at feedback sessions.
- Exhibit: You will bring your Exhibit to the appointment
- Paper: You must email a copy of your Reserach Paper to the History Day TA
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I arrive late?
We run a very tight schedule at this event. If you arrive late, we will discuss your project with you for the remainder of the time in your appointment, but will not take time away from another student because you are late.
What should bring into the event?
All students should bring a notebook and pen/pencil to take notes at the event. Documentary and performance students should bring a copy of their annotated bibliography. Exhibit students should bring their project and annotated bibliography
Can parents/teachers come with?
Teachers or parents are welcome to join us during the feedback session with the student’s permission. We ask parents and teachers to remember, however, that the feedback session is student-focused. Our questions and comments will be directed towards students. We ask that students are the ones taking notes, unless there are special circumstances. The History Day project belongs to the student!
What if I have to cancel?
You can cancel your ticket online through EventBrite!