This year's funds have been depleted. Please check back in August for info on the 2015-16 school year.
The Legacy Field Trip Support Fund offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs to MNHS museums and historic sites statewide.
- School must be in Minnesota.
- 25% or more of school's students must be enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- Field trip to an MNHS historic site or museum must take place between September 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015.
- Funds may only be used to offset transportation costs.
- If your school is not eligible, please visit our subsidies page to see other financial assistance available.
How It Works:
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Eligible schools will be reimbursed at the rate of $4 per student that attended the field trip.
- Reimbursement checks will be sent within 40 days of the field trip’s completion. After you complete your application and receive confirmation of your reward, no other action is required to receive your reimbursement - just enjoy your field trip!
- Schools may apply to use Legacy Field Trip Support Funds more than once in the same school year, but field trips may not occur on the same date.
- Legacy Field Trip Support Funds may not be used in combination with other MNHS transportation subsidies on the same field trip date.
Please Gather the Following Before You Apply:
- The percentage of students at your school enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- The number of students who will attend the field trip.
- Your school’s Federal Employer Identification Number, or FEIN. Please note: the FEIN is a nine-digit number assigned by the IRS and used in the administration of tax laws. It is also known as a Tax Identification Number (TIN). This number is not your school’s tax exempt number. We require this number to administer your transportation reimbursement.
- The application for the 2015-16 funds will be available at the end of August.
Your Field Trip:
- Applying for Legacy Field Trip Support Funds does not schedule your field trip. Be sure to book your field trip.
- If you are awarded Legacy Field Trip Support funds but need to change the date of your field trip, please contact the field trip site to reschedule your visit and email the new date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email email@example.com
- Call 651-259-3035