The Minnesota Historical Society’s Legacy Field Trip Support Fund offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs to any of its 26 museums and historic sites statewide.
- Must be located in Minnesota.
- 25% or more of school’s students must be enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- Must complete a field trip to a Minnesota Historical Society historic site or museum between September 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015.
- Must agree to use the funds to offset transportation costs only.
- If your school is not eligible, please visit our subsidies page to see other financial assistance available for this school year.
How It Works:
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until depleted or June 30, 2015, whichever comes first.
- Eligible schools will be reimbursed at the rate of $4 per student in attendance on the date of the scheduled field trip.
- Reimbursement checks will be sent to your school within 40 days of the field trip’s completion. After you complete your application and receive confirmation of your reward, no other action is required to receive your reimbursement - just enjoy your field trip!
- Schools may apply to use Legacy Field Trip Support Funds more than once in the same school year, but field trips may not occur on the same date.
- Legacy Field Trip Support Funds may not be used in combination with other transportation subsidies available through the Minnesota Historical Society on the same field trip date.
Please Gather the Following Before You Apply:
- The percentage of students at your school enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program.
- The number of students who will be attending the field trip.
- Your school’s Federal Employer Identification Number, or FEIN. Please note: the FEIN is a nine-digit number assigned by the IRS and used in the administration of tax laws. It is also known as a Tax Identification Number (TIN). This number is not your school’s tax exempt number. We require this number to administer your transportation reimbursement.
- Fill out the online application.
Your Field Trip:
- Applying for Legacy Field Trip Support Funds does not schedule your field trip. If you have not done so already, please directly contact the site you wish to visit to book your field trip.
- If you are awarded Legacy Field Trip Support funds but need to change the date of your field trip, please contact the field trip site to reschedule your visit and email the new date to email@example.com.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 651-259-3035