The McKnight Foundation Scholarship offers financial assistance to offset transportation and admission costs to Mill City Museum.
- School must be a public schools in the Twin Cities Seven County Metro area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington Counties).
- 50% or more of school's students must be enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program (FFRL).
- Visit to Mill City Museum must take place in January, February, or March.
- If your school is not eligible, please visit our scholarships, grants, and subsidies page to see other financial assistance available.
How It Works:
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Eligible schools will receive free admission for all students and adults.
- Eligible schools will be reimbursed for bussing at the rate of up to $2 per student that attended the field trip.
- Schools may apply annually; having received a reward in a previous year does not make a school ineligible.
- McKnight Foundation Scholarship may not be used in combination with other MNHS transportation subsidies on the same field trip date.
Please Gather the Following Before You Apply:
- The number of students who will be attending the field trip.
- The date of your intended field trip.
- The percentage of students at your school enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program (FFRL) on school letterhead in the form of a PDF to attach to this application.
- Fill out the online application.
- If funds are available, reservation of a field trip will secure your scholarship funding which must be done separately by contacting the specific site directly or filling out the field trip request form.
Your Field Trip:
- Applying for a McKnight Foundation Scholarship does not schedule your field trip. Be sure to book your field trip.
- If you are awarded the McKnight Foundation Scholarship but need to change the date of your field trip, please contact the field trip site to reschedule your visit and email the new date to email@example.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 651-259-3035
Scholarships provided by McKnight Scholarship Fund, The Sage and John Cowles Fund, Archer Daniels Midland, and The Morrison Family Fund for Mill City Museum.