The McKnight Foundation Scholarship offers financial assistance to offset transportation and admission costs to Mill City Museum.
- School must be a public schools in the Twin Cities Seven County Metro area (Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, and Washington Counties).
- 50% or more of school's students must be enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program (FFRL).
- Visit to Mill City Museum must take place in January, February, or March.
- Funds may only be used during field trip hours.
- If your school is not eligible, please visit our subsidies page to see other financial assistance available.
How It Works:
- Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding opens annually on the third Monday in August.
- Eligible schools will receive free admission for all students and adults.
- Eligible schools will be reimbursed for bussing at the rate of up to $2 per student that attended the field trip.
- Reimbursement checks will be sent within 40 days of the field trip’s completion. After you complete your application and receive confirmation of your reward, no other action is required to receive your reimbursement — just enjoy your field trip!
- Schools may apply annually; having received a reward in a previous year does not make a school ineligible.
- McKnight Foundation Scholarship may not be used in combination with other MNHS transportation subsidies on the same field trip date.
Please Gather the Following Before You Apply:
- The percentage of students at your school enrolled in the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program. Enrollment in FFRL must be 50% or higher.
- The number of students who will attend the field trip.
- When scheduling a field trip ask about availability of the McKnight Scholarship.
- If funds are available, reservation of a field trip will secure your scholarship funding.
- There is no separate application for this scholarship.
Your Field Trip:
- If you are awarded the McKnight Foundation Scholarship but need to change the date of your field trip, please contact the field trip site to reschedule your visit and email the new date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email email@example.com
- Call 651-259-3097
Scholarships provided by McKnight Scholarship Fund, The Sage and John Cowles Fund, Archer Daniels Midland, and The Morrison Family Fund for Mill City Museum.