Northern Lights teachers, you asked for more opportunities to hear from and interact with fellow educators. We listened.
Join Northern Lights colleagues from around the state for the second annual Northern Lights UnAcademy. Come ready to share, discuss, problem solve, celebrate and build a supportive Northern Lights educator community.
What to expect:
• Interactive, participant-driven professional learning
• An informal but professional vibe to the day--no formal presentations or handouts
• Educator-led discussions and collaborative sharing on topics chosen by teachers at the start of the day
• Sessions full of engaging discourse, made richer by everyone’s participation
• Raffle prize drawings
How the NL UnAcademy differs from the NL Academy:
• The NL Academy has formal presentations planned in advance
• The UnAcademy relies on teacher-participant needs and expertise to spark the day’s schedule and conversations
The Northern Lights UnAcademy follows the “unconference” professional learning model, of which the most well-known in education is ed tech-focused Edcamp. Explore the links or watch these short videos to learn more:
• Edcamp Foundation Intro Video on YouTube (1:16)
• Edcamp 101 Whiteboard Animation Video on YouTube (2:31)
Subsidies are not available for the Northern Lights UnAcademy and parking is not included.
Contact Jennifer Cadwell-Vaughan with program questions and Jessica Rust with registration/subsidy questions.
Friday, June 23, 2017 - 9:00am to 1:00pm
Minnesota History Center
345 Kellogg Blvd. WSt. Paul , MN