Northern Lights eBook iPad Tutorial
Northern Lights eBook Browser Tutorial
Using the eBook
What devices can I use to access the Northern Lights Interactive eBook?
- The eBook can be used as an app on iPads.
- The eBook can be used in a browser on Chromebooks, Macs, PCs, and the Microsoft Surface Pro.
- Use Chrome or Firefox browsers. (Find out what browser you're using. If you don't have Chrome or Firefox, please ask your school's tech manager.)
Where do I log in to the eBook?
- When accessing on a browser, click on the three lined menu on the left side of the screen. Scroll down to and click on ‘Sign In’, and use your username and password to login.
- When accessing on an iPad, tap on the three lined menu on the left side of the screen. Find ‘Account’ at the bottom of the menu, tap on the text, and use your username and password to login.
I forgot my username or password. How can I get it?
- Ask your teacher. If you’re a teacher, ask your principal or curriculum coordinator.
- The username and password are set for each school and cannot be changed.
My username and password aren’t working.
- The password is case sensitive: make sure that you are capitalizing the first letter of the password, and using the punctuation at the end of the password.
- If you still can’t login, confirm with your teacher that you’re using the right username and password. Be sure you’re using one of the supported devices and browser.
- If you’re a teacher, ask your principal or curriculum coordinator.
The Northern Lights Interactive eBook can be accessed on the Chrome browser at www.mnhs.org/nl.
The eBook was updated in August 2016. You will automatically see the updated version in the browser. The content remains the same.
Can I make the text or images any larger?
- Press the ‘Ctrl or Command’ button while tapping the ‘+/=’ key will increase the size of the images and text. To make it smaller, Press the ‘Ctrl or Command’ button while tapping the ‘-/_’ key. Press the ‘Ctrl or Command’ button and the ‘)/0’ button to return it to the original size.
The iPad App was updated in August 2016. Please make sure you are using the most recent version.The content remains the same.
Where do I get the App?
- Schools and districts may install the iPad app in different ways. It may be mirrored out using a Mobile Device Management System (MDM) or installed manually on each iPad.
- If your district doesn’t provide it for you, go to the App Store on an iPad, search “mnhs education” to find and download the free app.
I’ve downloaded the iPad app, and I see the chapters, but when I click on them, nothing happens.
- You will need to login using your school or district’s username and password. Please ask your teacher. If you are the teacher, ask your principal or curriculum coordinator.
Can I make the images or text larger?
- Pinch to zoom in and out. Learn more on the How To Use the eBook (iPad) on the home screen of the app.
For best results
- The eBook is optimized to work in the portrait mode.
- The eBook is optimized to work in iOS9 and iOS10.
- For additional guidance, please refer to the How To Use this App page in the MNHS Education App.
District Tech Support
- Please see documentation from Adobe for servers to whitelist if necessary. Look for the App or the Web Viewer as appropriate.