Using the Interactive eBook
How can I access the Northern Lights Interactive eBook?
There are two options for accessing the Northern Lights Interactive eBook:
- Through the MNHS Education iPad app
- Via web browser at nl.mnhs.org
iPad App Access
The MNHS Education iPad app was updated in June 2019. Please make sure you are using version 3.0. The app is optimized for iOS10-iOS12; it is functional in iOS9, but not optimal. The iPad app functions optimally in portrait mode.
How do I get the iPad app?
- Schools/districts may install the iPad app on devices in different ways. It may be mirrored out using a Mobile Device Management (MDM) system, or the app may be installed manually on iPads.
- If your school/district doesn’t download the app, you can find it by going to the Apple App Store and searching “mnhs education.” The app is free to download.
I’ve downloaded the app and I can see the chapters, but it says “Restricted Access” when I click/tap on a chapter.
- Chapter content can only be accessed if a user is logged in and has downloaded a chapter. “Restricted Access” means a user is not yet logged in.
- Log in using the username and password provided by your teacher. If you are a teacher, the log in should have been provided by a principal or curriculum coordinator.
Additional instruction is located in the “How to Access the eBook on the iPad App” infographic found on the home page of the app. This can be accessed without logging in.
Web Browser Access
What devices and web browsers does the eBook work on?
It is optimized for use on iPads, Chromebooks, Macs, PCs, and the Surface Pro. It will also work on most other devices with web browser access, including tablets and smartphones, though full functionality may not be available.
The browser version is optimized for use on the Google Chrome browser; there are no known compatibility issues with Microsoft Edge, Apple’s Safari, or Mozilla’s Firefox browsers; it is not supported for use on Internet Explorer. The Interactive eBook functions optimally in portrait mode.
How do I access the eBook in a web browser?
Simply type nl.mnhs.org into your device’s web browser.
Additional instruction is located in the “How to Access the eBook on a Web Browser” infographic found on the home page of the app. This can be accessed without logging in.
Logging In and Password Help
Where do I log in to the Interactive eBook?
- On the iPad app, look for: . It can be found at the bottom of the screen.
- On the browser version, look for: . It will either be at the top or bottom of the screen, depending on the type of device you have.
I forgot my username and/or password. How can I get it?
- Ask your teacher. If you are a teacher, ask you principal or curriculum coordinator.
- The username and password are set by MNHS for each school and cannot be changed by users.
My username and password are not working.
- Remember that the password is case sensitive: make sure you capitalize the first letter of the password. Also, be sure to use the correct punctuation at the end of the password.
- If you still can’t log in, confirm with your teacher that you have the correct username and password. If you are a teacher, confirm the username and password with an administrator or curriculum coordinator.
District Tech Support
If the web servers listed below are blocked by the IT department at a school or district, the Northern Lights Interactive eBook will not function. Please whitelist them, if necessary.
If questions remain, please contact the Northern Lights team.