Employees' coffee break, St. Paul
In 1912, Griggs, Cooper and Company opened the Sanitary Foods Manufacturing Plant on University Avenue in St. Paul. The building housed a canning factory and a cracker and candy manufacturing facility, one of the growing number of food processing and distribution companies in the Twin Cities. The building also reflects the "Model Factory Movement" of the early 20th century. "Model Factory Movement" encouraged companies to attract and keep employees, by including cafeterias, restrooms, and nearby green space. The building is still standing and in use.
These women, employees of Sanitary Foods, are on their coffee break in 1916.