Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Discounts
Schools with 50-74% Federal Free and Reduced Lunch qualify for a 50% discount on admission costs to our sites. Schools with 75%-100% Federal Free and Reduced Lunch qualify for a 75% discount on admission costs to our sites.
Please submit your schools FFRL status on school letterhead, signed by administration to your scheduling office prior to your visit to qualify. We can not change pricing on the day of the visit or after the visit has taken place.
We require a new letter for each school year.
MNHS Historic Sites and Museums
- Dahlberg Scholarship offers financial assistance to offset admission costs.
- Legacy Field Trip Support Fund offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs. Available to schools statewide.
- MacMillan Field Trip Grants Program helps offset transportation and lodging costs to schools in Greater Minnesota.
- NEW! Northern Lights Extended Field Trip fully funded multi-site field trip available to Minnesota sixth grade classrooms that use the Northern Lights curriculum.
Site-specific scholarships and grants
Alexander Ramsey House
- Adelia Wilson Endowment helps offset transportation and admissions costs to schools visiting the Alexander Ramsey House.
Mill City Museum
- McKnight Foundation Scholarship offers financial assistance to offset transportation costs and provides free admission to Mill City Museum for metro-area public schools. Limited to visits in January, February, and March.
- Pentair Foundation Field Trip Grant Funds for the 2019-2020 school year are now closed. Please see Legacy Field Trip Support fund and Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Discounts if assistance is needed.
Teacher Workshop Support
- Teacher Workshop Subsidy provides financial assistance for teachers attending Northern Lights teacher workshops.