How much do you know about our neighbor to the north, or about the important relationship between our countries? Canada and the United States are connected by economics, politics, and geography, shared and diverse cultures, and a storied past. "Teaching Canada" will provide insight into historical and modern Canada, and resources and strategies to help teachers incorporate Canada into the classroom.
- have the opportunity to hear from the Consul General of Canada
- receive an overview about Canada from Macalester professor Laura Smith
- view historical maps and resources from the Minnesota Historical Society collections
- visit a traveling exhibit on the War of 1812
- gather classroom ideas and resources from educators
This workshop is particularly useful for teachers of grades 4 and 8, but is open to all educators!