THIS WORKSHOP IS FULL.
Join us for a day of mapping skills, historical connections, and overall fun with maps of all kinds! This workshop, conducted in partnership with the Minnesota Alliance for Geographic Education, will introduce participants to a variety of skills related to the use of maps, including primary-source analysis, reading print and digital maps, and the latest in mapping technologies.
Each registered attendee will receive a free copy of Minnesota on the Map by David Lanegran.
- "Lying with Maps." David Lanegran, Macalester College
- "Maps at the Library of Congress." Jessica Ellison, Minnesota Historical Society
- "The Birth of Statistical Mapping." David Lanegran
- "Maps in the MHS Collections." Patrick Coleman, Minnesota Historical Society
- "Digital Maps." Michelle Leba, Washington Technology Magnet School
- "Maps in the Classroom." JoAnn Trygestad, retired social studies teacher